Well, the weekend did not go as we had planned. We did get to see our friend Kevin, his wife Jenny and their daughter Lucy. We drove to Abilene on Saturday and it rained the entire way. We also saw a really bad accident on the Interstate on the way there. Unfortunately, I looked and saw some things that I did not want to. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the drive gripping the handle on the door. Saturday was fun catching up with Kevin. We had not seen him in 4 years! So, for the rest of the weekend we were going to have a zoo animals theme. Autumn has really been into all the zoo animals lately, so we thought we would take her to the zoo and to see the new movie Madagascar. But, Mike and Autumn caught a cold so the zoo did not seem like such a good idea. When Autumn is sick she is so different than normal. I just have to say she is BAD, really BAD. Which I don't blame her because she doesn't feel well, but it is exhausting. So Sunday was spent indoors relaxing. By Monday afternoon I thought we could all use some time out of the house so we went to the movies. Big mistake. We had to leave 30 minutes into the movie. It was really disappointing. Not the movie, but how Autumn acted in the movie. We had been to a movie once before and she loved it. Oh well, our zoo tickets are good until December. I guess there is always next weekend! Life with a 2 year old cannot be planned except to expect the unexpected!!!
Youth Group
7 years ago

2 comments:
I'm glad you all got home safely. I hope Mike and Autumn are feeling better.
Love,
Mom
It's never nice to see a bad accident, I've had too many experiences like that. Love you
Post a Comment